Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Some humans ain't human

48 days to go.....

The COVID-19 pandemic has kept me working from home since March. Jack has been living with me since the pandemic began; we've felt a little bottled up, but overall it's been fine. I've been busy with work, and Jack is in his first semester online at UNC-Asheville.

I only know of 1-2 people tangentially who have contracted the virus. Of course, singer-songwriter John Prine died from it, as have several other national figures. Prine was a critic of Trump, although since his death his widow Fiona has been a even stauncher critic, lambasting the president for his lack of action on the pandemic.

At this writing, nearly 200K have died from COVID-19 in this country. Trump continues to make ridiculous claims that masks don't work and that that the virus will "simply go away."  I know how much I countinue to sound like a broken record. The virus response is just another of the failures of this administration.

Yet, the race remains close, which I SIMPLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND. I remain cautiously optimistic that we will come to our senses, but in the words of a great man: "Jealous and stupidity don't equal harmony."



No comments:

Post a Comment